A large challenge of a small business owner is to keep trackof what is going on while being very involved in providing the service. A solution for this problem is asset management. Many asset management solutions can cost thousands of dollars in subscriptions and that doesn’t even include the cost of the equipment.
We at Cloudpoint are currently developing an asset tracking application that uses a secure password-protected database to store information about assets and the location. The database has a mobile-optimized, user-friendly interface that integrates with a Google Map to displays points with asset information.
Options of the asset management system include:
- Adding, deleting and updating asset locations and information
- Google Maps integration to view assets
- List view to view assets
- Sort list and maps by category
- Add asset history to store previous asset and customer information
- GPS directions to an asset location
- The ability to upload pictures and associate them with assets
- Access to customer information
- Access to phone numbers that can be dialed from the app
All this can be done in the palm of your hand with a device that you already own with no need to spend thousands on expensive equipment. It is a web app so it is already compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone or even your desktop computer from the office. This flexible asset management solution can help any small business run smoothly on a budget.