Often times we are asked about the different solutions available from ArcGIS and how much they cost. Here is a summary of the different products and what they can offer your organization...
ArcGIS Desktop is currently available in two main formats (ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap) with three license levels: Basic, Standard, and Advanced (formerly ArcView, ArcEditor, and ArcInfo, respectively). The latest release of the ArcGIS Desktop platform is 10.5.
- ArcGIS Desktop Basic- Visualize, build maps, edit data, import CAD, perform data conversions, generate maps, query data. Cost is $1,500 for a single use license / $3,500 for concurrent.
- ArcGIS Desktop Standard- Allows everything found in the basic version but allows additional capabilities for multi-user platforms and editing enterprise level geodatabases. This level is required to take advantage of many custom editing tools published by esri. Cost is $7,000 for a single use or concurrent license.
- ArcGISDesktop Advanced- The advanced license level adds the ability to perform some heavy lifting geoprocessing & analysis tools such as Near (Analysis). Typically these capabilities are only need by more advanced GIS users. Cost varies depending on your organization.
*Note Cloudpoint Geographics is a Reseller of ArcGIS Desktop Basic Only.
Check out the ArcGIS Pro Kickstart Package
ArcGIS Enterprise (Server)
The Server level licensing is used to create and deploy enterprise level services that can be used by multiple users within an organization. For example, a local government might have various departments and users accessing multiple GIS services throughout the organization and need to manage through one or more network servers. There are two levels of this product:
- ArcGIS for Server Workgroup*- designed to support smaller project teams and departments. It has many of the same capabilities as the enterprise level but can only be installed on one machine.
- ArcGIS for Server Enterprise*- is designed to run and optionally deploy on multiple machines and support a user-defined multiuser database so that you can manage and deliver GIS services across your organization.
Visit the ArcGIS Enterprise Kickstart for training options on how your agency can use this service platform.
*At Version 10.5 ArcGIS for Server has being renamed ArcGIS Enterprise (Basic, Standard & Advanced) and Esri does not allow the reselling of ArcGIS Enterprise.
Check out the ArcGIS Enterprise Kickstart Package for Your Organization
The best way to describe the Online platform is a 'simplified' version of ArcGIS for Server. This is esri's cloud-based solution that allows users to login and easily create, deploy, and share GIS data among users within their organization or anywhere in the world. Users can be categorized in groups and given various permissions based upon their organizations preferred structure. The cost is based upon the Tier level (1 or 2) as well as the number of user accounts for your organization:
- 5 users (Tier 2)- $2,500 per year (includes 2,500 credits)
- 50 users (Tier 2)- $10,000 per year (includes 10,000 credits)
- 100 users (Tier 2)- $17,500 per year (includes 17,500 credits)
- Additional Credits can be purchased for $100/1,000
*Please Note Esri reserves the right to change these prices and sell this software.
Check out the ArcGIS Online Kickstart Package for Your Organization
There are a smorgasbord of extensions and optional solutions for the ArcGIS desktop platform that allow for additional analysis capabilities based upon your area of interest. We all want to get the best value out of our software solutions so be sure to take your time in making the selection that is right for you. Contact Cloudpoint for help with selecting the most appropriate GIS solution for your organization.
*Our kickstart packages require organizations to bring their own license of ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.